Saturday nights Grandma always wanted to watch “Austin City Limits”. I still think of her when I run across it on the TV. One night she turned it on and this guy with an electric guitar and a leather hat covering nasty hair was really getting with it playing some great blues. He would take the cigarette off the head of the guitar and take a couple of drags and stick it back under the strings on the head without missing a beat. I knew Grandma would have something to say about that guy. She always got onto me about my long hair. Some of you know who this guy was. I didn’t know for a long time, but Grandma really liked him. She said he played with his heart and soul.. Stevie Ray Vaughn --- Blues Master Grandma liked music. I liked Blues and Rock. I didn’t know she liked Blues. (Dennis)
*
SRV was probably one of the best guitarists that has ever lived. He owned the genre known as “Texas Blues”. For me he is probably the most influential guitarist ever. It was a shame when he died at the age of 35. He may be dead, but his legacy is alive and well.
IF YOU WANT A REAL TREAT, CLICK ON SRV's PICTURE TO HEAR WHAT GRANDMA LIKED SO WELL!